Tuesday 27 October 2015

Retirement is a hectic way of life!


 
 


I woke up early this morning - 5am - with a feeling of guilt.  I hadn't taken the bin out last night and, of course, there were all those black bags from the bedroom to get rid of.  So there was nothing for it but to get up, fill the bin and put it out.  By which time, of course, I was wide awake so sat on the sofa with a cuppa doing today's stitch from TAST - a Wheatear stitch - looks like an ear of wheat but I have used it to look like long flowers - lupins?







It was also time to comb Katie through - anyone with a golden retriever will know how often they need to be groomed and she is starting to drop hair again - as you can see there was a lot of loose hair to put on the fire!




Then it was time to do some more hand sewing - so many of my presents this year require this , before getting ready to go out for lunch.  You would think that after yesterday's escapades I would take a break - no such luck.  I have a busier social life now than ever before - tomorrow I am out again meeting up with Julia and Trisha in Sheffield - its all go! Today some ex colleagues and I went out to lunch - time to spruce myself up me thinks!  We dined at The Livesey Arms, Ludborough (nr Louth).  It is a beautiful pub with some of the finest dining that I have eaten recently. My dishes may not have been Slimming World friendly - but boy were they worth it - soup for tea then!

Ken and Barbara are long standing governors who appointed me back in 1991 and have both now retired from their roles as school Governors.  It was lovely to spend time with them - and Di of course.  We all agreed that retirement is suiting us - Di says that she hasn't stopped smiling for 15 weeks!



Home meant dog walking followed by further work on the wonky houses - I wanted to finish the free machine embroidery, at least,  whilst I have got my "eye in".  However I also had to spend some time filling the green rubbish bin - I may not see enough daylight tomorrow to do the job before Thursday morning!

As to the workshops at Bee Crafty?  Well Sewingbuddy and I decided to give "Machine embroidered and quilted Zen tangling" a go - I am trying to develop my skills of using the free machine embroidery foot to draw on fabric and this should build on yesterday's Wonky House workshop.  It's by the same tutor - Kathleen Laurel Sage - so I know how good she is.










3 comments:

  1. A day of sewing, dining and good company...sounds like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely TAST stitches Lynda and the machine embroidery and quilted zen tangling sounds fun! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ought to come and join us - we can't be too far from you x

      Delete