Thursday 15 October 2015

Hamlet with Benedict Cumberbatch

I woke up at 8:30am this morning - in my own bed.  Now read that again and, as long as you are a regular reader of this blog (if you are not then that sentence will sound strange!) you will know how wonderful that felt!!  Even the headaches are receding - phew!  But to cap a wonderful start to the morning I then received a phone call from the mattress company to tell me that the mattress is ready for delivery.  We agreed on next Friday since I have to wait in between 8am and 6pm, and am now itching to use the forthcoming week to gut the bedroom.

This morning I planned to go into Louth for some bits and bobs.  The town was empty and it was lovely to get all of those small tasks done at your leisure rather than rushing around on a  Saturday morning.  Of course I left my bags in the car and had to pay for a carrier bag! 


 




The weather here is not great so I chose to walk the dogs when I got home - and then made a start on next term's craft schedule.  It is clear that they prefer the making to the cooking so I have chosen a range of projects.  Two of them also want to make their first quilt so I am trying to find a pattern - something that involves both hand sewing and machine work.  With Easter as a loose theme I really like this gift bag since the basic bag can be made for any occasion.  There's no pattern but I can experiment!











Apart from general housework, writing this blog and going to slimming world later - the only other event today is the much awaited live screening of Hamlet with Benedict Cumberbatch.  Eighteen months ago, when they announced that he was going to play this part, we decided to buy tickets for the live screening - well tonight's the night!  I appreciate that many people don't like Shakespeare, and it can take me ten minutes or so to get into the swing of the language, but actors of his calibre makes it so much easier.  I saw an interview by Melvyn Bragg last night and listening to Bendedict speak was like listening to everyday speech - I cant wait!

2 comments:

  1. Ooo good news on last night...and the up and coming bed delivery :)
    Can't get into Shakespeare though, am sure you will love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful day Lynda! Christine x

    ReplyDelete