Tuesday 20 October 2015

I can see clearly now ...........




So - its Tuesday again and therefore it's....... yep Senior Screen time.  This time we chose to watch a Meryl Streep film - Rikki and the Flash - a heart warming ending but, in my humble opinion, a waste of two hours getting there.  Never mind - you have to see some corkers to appreciate the good ones!





On the way home we popped into Norburns garden centre in Tetney to enjoy their steak pie lunch - it's so good that my parents always want to go there whenever they come up to visit.

It has been a lovely day here so when I got home I was inspired to wash the two south facing front windows - I am not even going to admit how long it has been - think months / years rather than weeks!  They have scrubbed up well and, as usual, only took minutes to complete.  However I will go out again and use the spray product on them once everything has dried up and settled down - at least the grime has gone.



Then the postman arrived with some goodies for me - some paper templates for English Paper Piecing - I love to have some form of hand sewing on the go so EPP foots the bill.  However when you realise that this hexagon is next to a penny coin - mmmm - perhaps I picked the wrong size!  It would use up every possible scrap though - I guess!




After a nice walk with the dogs at the beach it was time to continue with decluttering the bedroom.  I have emptied the drawers, rationalised everything and put back most things.  This afternoon was spent ironing other items before being put back into the drawers.  I have been reading a book called The Life-Changing Magic Of Tidying  by Marie Kondo which suggests ways of folding clothes so that they remain wrinkle free and yet visible for you to select them.  There are a number of Youtube videos to help you if you are interested.  Some of her ideas make sense - for example I roll pairs of socks together pulling one over the other.  Yet this can cause the elastic to stretch and render the socks useless.  So I spent some time sorting the socks into spares, undoing the balls of socks and folding them so that you can easily see colours etc.  I can see the logic.

Tonight's task is to work on the TAST stitch - today it is French knots - a stitch that I absolutely love so I want to try different thicknesses of threads and even some thin ribbon.  Hopefully this area will be completed tonight so that I can show you tomorrow.

Bedroom watch - day 3.  You will have seen the drawers above and the rubbish bag pile is growing.  The area under the dressing table area is now completely empty and has been given a good hovering with the Dyson handheld hoover (a fantastic piece of kit!).  The other bedside table has been moved and the area cleaned and dusted.  I am getting there - honest!  I am just dreading Friday when I move the bed and see what's underneath!!







2 comments:

  1. Oh,not that IS tiny! Cutting out will be the first nightmare for me!
    As for emptying out under the bed...hmm...I don't even want to go there with ours....but you are making me feel guilty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame about the film, but the pie looks good.
    And as for the paper piecing, you must be mad!
    Bet you will sleep better after you cleaning the bedroom, imagine all that dust you have been breathing in every night?

    ReplyDelete