Friday 30 October 2015

la la la la la la la



Well - last night went as I thought - I put on 2lbs.  Truthfully I can live with that given my week of eating out - and I was named as slimmer of the month with a total weight loss of 16.5 lbs in October - so I can't complain.  However I have promised myself to be more focussed this week - it's book club tonight and I had ordered steak pie to eat.  However I have contacted them and asked if I could have no pastry and mash rather than chips- every little helps!  On a nicer note, my good friend Denise (we weigh the people in at Slimming world) bought me a gift - a lovely heart banner with little cotton reels in-between - a real "saw this and thought of you" gift - lovely!)






Today started with the making of the church Christmas cake - and filled the house with lovely Christmassy smells - just right when its raining and blowing a gale outside. 







Then I made a start on some felt decorations.  I need to have some mocked up for the craft group on Monday and I am trying Mandy Shaw's technique - double layer of felt - sew around a traced pattern, through the freezer paper, and then remove the paper.  You can then add blanket stitch around the outside as a decorative feature and stuff by making a small slit in the back which you then sew up with ladder stitch.  Guess what I will be doing whilst I watch Strictly tomorrow?






Apart from doing the washing, sorting all the washing up from the cake making and generally tidying up, the rest of the day was spent on these mysterious 3 Christmas presents that I refer to now and then.  Whilst I clearly cannot give details - Sewingbuddy is right when she talks about them being a real labour of love - the recipients should fall at my feet with abject gratitude!!!!!  (Can you tell how many times the seam ripper has been out today!  Can you also see the link between this and the blog title?  It's all self inflicted!!)  So- since I cannot show you photos I will share this little cartoon that Denise found - quite apt really!










3 comments:

  1. Shame about the weight gain, but hey!
    Life wouldn't be much fun if you can't have the odd meal out.
    I take it the mystery presents didn't go smoothly today?
    I am trying to build myself up the the next stage on mine!
    See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least you are still in credit with the weight loss :)
    The mystery pressies are intriguing...hoping we get to see them!
    Really do need to follow your example and get the cake made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't fret - I will take a photo

    ReplyDelete