Friday 2 October 2015

A day of contrasts

Well - I slept a little better last night - only waking up at 5am!!  But let's start with news re Slimming World.  Hold on to your hats - I only went and lost a blooming four and a half pounds!!!  Oh - and that meant that I was slimmer of the week, oh and I also went and won the raffle - so came home with this huge load of fruit and veg - should stand me in good stead this week!



So - back to today.  Having woke up early I will confess to lying on the settee and catching up with Dr Foster - its good but black!  However by 8am (and after the now obligatory "Bring Me Sunshine" on Radio 2) I felt a deep-rooted need to tidy the house up.  Maybe it was because of what the day would hold that I needed something concrete to get myself stuck into.  Its also extremely pleasing to be in a tidy and clean house (get me!)

Clearly the main event today was Tanya's funeral.  It was held at Alford Crematorium and the wake was back at Tanya's house - her partner's thinking was that so many people had lived through Tanya's dreams for her house but had never seen it that he wanted to give them the opportunity to do so.  The service was a simple, understated one - with memories provided by her partner, her children and her uncle.  The wake gave us the opportunity to meet with Tanya's family - her granddaughter is the spitting image of Tanya and has all of her mannerisms!  Suffice it to say that I needed the quiet walk along the beach with the dogs just to reflect.

Once home it was time to both trawl the internet researching a new mattress and to plan the weekend.  As it is I have nothing to do until 1pm on Monday - what bliss!  Cue the post it notes!  On the grounds that if I commit to something here then you will hold me to task then I hereby promise to, at least:-

  1. Complete a Christmas present - left over from a September post it note.
  2. Complete three Christmas decorations - I have reduced a Gail Pan pattern but will explain more when they are completed.
  3. Cut out the fabrics for a BGB and quilt the front
  4. Take the dogs for a long walk on both Saturday and Sunday
In other words - I am having a sewing retreat +.  Enjoy the weekend and the good weather that we have been promised xx

3 comments:

  1. Ooo such good news on the weight! I am jealous!
    Can highly recommend Mattressman for online mattresses, we have had three, and a bed and have had no issues at all and very comfy mattresses. Having bought two at shops, where we had the opportunity to try them out, the ones we received didn't feel the same at all! So we thought we would risk buying online, much cheaper and went on reviews from other customers.
    Funerals are never easy :( x
    Enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up - have gone online and ordered one! Of curse, knowing me, the one I want has to be made so there's a 20 day wait - hey ho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, it goes to show if you stick to the diet it pays off.
    Keep it up.
    I agree with happy um, mattress man is brilliant.
    I have bought 2 from them.
    You have 2 weeks to sleep on them, if unsuitable you can return and they will swap it for another.
    And good prices.

    ReplyDelete