Tuesday 13 October 2015

Normal service is resumed

For the first time since before the summer holidays, Jean and I made it to the senior screen this morning.  Now I am not saying that the film was worth watching - but for £4 including your free cuppa and biscuits what more do you need?  We watched a film called Paper Towns - it was billed as a romantic comedy but was more like a coming of age film for three young men approaching the end of their high school life - watchable but nothing too demanding.  After the film we treated ourselves to a carvery lunch - £4.59 for a very pleasant roast dinner with all the trimmings.  We chose to go to The Jug and Bottle, just outside Grimsby, for two reasons - because it is highly recommended and Halifax are offering 15% cashback on Crown Carveries.  I appreciate that this makes me sound penny pinching but a film, beverages and lunch with a soft drink - all for under a tenner - us pensioners have to look after our pennies you know!



I don't know about where you are but the weather is definitely on the turn now.  There was a distinct chill in the air so I decided to walk the dogs as soon as I got back from lunch - just as well since the rain started as I set foot back indoors!  This afternoon was spent catching up with those jobs that should have been done earlier - cleaning the garden table that has been brought inside, doing my "homework" for my college course tomorrow and cutting the diamonds for my sewing class tonight.  I did, however, manage to find a few minutes to try today's TAST stitch - stem stitch.  This is a useful stitch often used to "draw" straight lines and a stitch that Gail Pan had shown me at her workshop.  I have used this stitch several times but this line in between the barbed chain stitch looks almost centipede like - me thinks!


By the way - sorry about the size of the photos - for some reason the ability to reduce them is not visible today!




2 comments:

  1. It is very centipede like isn't it!
    Sounds like a fun day and well done for missing the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lynda! Sounds like you had a lovely day and I like your stem stitch 'centipede'! Christine x

    ReplyDelete