Wednesday 21 October 2015

I can see clearly now - part 2



Firstly - let's start with last night.  As you may recall I was trying out this week's TAST stitch - French Knots and had, potentially, bitten off more than I could chew - but tada - here it is.  I have used a variety of threads and ribbons with added beadwork to add some sparkle.  I am rather pleased with it if I do say so myself.






So - onto today.  Wednesday is college day (although it is half term next week and we have been set homework!!)  This week's task was to try to replicate the mark making that we first made with pencils.  As you can see I have started with a cross hatching, layering up, pattern using an open fly stitch.  We all had a tutorial with the tutor and she has asked me to complete 6 squares in all using both familiar stitches in a unique way and "new to me" stitches.  It should be an interesting two weeks!



After dropping Jean off it was a quick turn around to the vicarage for a Safeguarding meeting before coming home to walk the dogs and continue tidying the bedroom - more of that later.  The plan is to have an early tea before heading back to Cleethorpes to the cinema (are you sure I don't live there?) to watch the next RSC live production - Henry V.  All I know about the play is that it involves the battle of Agincourt and that the actor who plays Henry V has also played Prince Henry in Henry IV parts one and two so he should be used to the character by now.




Bedroom watch - day 4

As you can see from this gruesome picture I can now straight through under my bed - so progress has clearly been made.  I have gutted the bottom part of the wardrobe, the drawers are all incredibly tidy (for now) and the dressing table is cleared - I have even washed out my make up bag!  There is now an additional rubbish bag and a third charity bag.  I am getting there!



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching.
    Am not at all sure you don't live at the cinema!
    Well done on the bedroom...you have inspired me....all looks ok on the outside, but look under the bed or in the wardrobe and its a different story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tast, it's beautiful, not sure about the college work?
    But sure it is leading somewhere!
    Have a good time at the cinema.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty addition to your TAST sampler Lynda and I like the challenge you have been set by your tutor.... sounds fun! Christine x

    ReplyDelete