Monday 12 October 2015

I love mondays

Contrary to the famous song by The Boomtown Rats, I am beginning to really like Mondays.  For me it is beginning to signal a fresh start to the week - with time in the morning to go round the house, square up, cleaning and freshen up - opening the windows etc.  Once that job was done I then had time to start on a Christmas present.  I say start - this particular project took me nearly two hours to cut out (there are a large number of parts), will take at least one whole day to construct - oh and I have set myself the task of making three of them - ouch!!  Sadly I cannot show you even the fabric, let alone the finished article when it is completed, until after Christmas but I can share with you the completed Quilters Garden block - ready to have the patchwork sewn around it at the weekend.   Well I say finished - the chicken needs some grass, there should be a dove on the shed and the writing looks too small so will take out and start again - but you get the idea!  As I replied to Sewing Buddy yesterday I am now really beginning to regret not giving this project more time this year - I am loving the effect once the borders are added.

After a healthy lunch of homemade soup again (see - I am really trying again this week!) it was off to the Craft Group that I have set up.  This week it is Card Making again, led by Dorothy, so I had the luxury of sitting back and enjoying myself.  This time we were attempting some decoupage and made a gift box to present the card in.





Home was short lived - the autumn nights are drawing in and I can't believe how chilly and dim the day has become.  Mind you walking the dogs still blows those cobwebs away and it was lovely to come home to a delivery from the coal man - nice and cosy nights ahead!  I am resisting the idea of putting the heating on - apart from the odd day.  An open fire provides enough heat for me at the moment. (possibly famous last words of course!)

 
So - tonight?  Well I guess that its sorting out the wobbles on the Quilters Garden followed by some hand sewing for Christmas presents - It's all agogo here!




4 comments:

  1. I always love Mondays too..I think part of it is not having that "got to go to work Monday blues" feeling!
    Quite how you fit so many crafty things into one day I just don't know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know what your Xmas presents are that you have started, I hope the recipients appreciate them, as they are a real labour of love!
    if someone made me one I would be over the moon.
    Quilters garden looked good.
    I deliberately left little bits like grass and buttons etc, until I sandwich it to help with the quilting.
    Not heard you mention your sleep the last couple of blogs, so I hope it is improving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't mentioned the sleeping because I was beginning to bore myself! However last night, for the first time I went to bed around 10:30 and woke up at 5am in my own bed - not quite as late as I would have liked but a result nonetheless! In terms of Christmas presents , my mother has a theory - that I am making a present for everyone in the united kingdom - she doesn't exaggerate at all!!

      Delete