Thursday 1 October 2015

Reflections ......

Well - its 1st October which can mean only one thing - I am now one third of the way through this retirement year - that's 4 months or 17 weeks.  So what have I achieved?











  • 17 weekly challenges (phew - I thought that I had got behind on these!)
  • Discovered Annie Sloan paint
  • Redecorated and, I believe, revitalised the conservatory
  • Had the outside of the property fixed and smartened
  • Refurbished the lounge
  • Decorated the hall and kitchen
  • Lost nearly a stone
  • Walked around 80 extra kilometres
  • Completed a ton of sewing projects - with nearly half of the Christmas presents completed











but, more importantly,

  • Had lots of fun with old and new friends
  • Vastly improved my quality of life, and 
  • Reduced my blood pressure from a regular 160+ / 100 to 130/90



I am sure that there are many more things that I have achieved but it is this tangible loss of stress that intrigues me the most.







Of course, along the way, there have been moments of sadness - not least the loss of Tanya, whose funeral we will go to tomorrow.  But I am so pleased that I made the decision that I did - it was right for me and I am loving it!  I don't even feel as if its some form of extended holiday anymore - this is my normality now (as I believe Happymum once said)!





On the headache front - I went and had my eyes tested today - they are healthy (TA can have a catastrophic effect on eyesight) but the eye sight has got worse and I now have to wear glasses for driving!!  My consultant also spoke to me and advised me to increase the steroids - not up to the 40mg that the nurse suggested (thank goodness that I didn't follow that advice) but up to 10mg.  I really hope that this works - last night was a difficult night which ended up with me sleeping on my back on the sofa - I don't know whether I simply need a new mattress or if I was over compensating for my painful head - I guess that time will tell!


3 comments:

  1. A lot to reflect on indeed, and so lovely that you have this blog to look back and and see all your achievements.
    This is indeed your normality! And how fab it is!
    Good the blood pressure is decreasing, lets hope the headaches do too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes well done you have achieved a lot in a short time.
    Hope the headaches decrease, and tomorrow goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Lynda! You have achieved a lot! Hope you continue to feel better! Christine x

    ReplyDelete