Sunday 10 July 2016

A worrying moment .....

This morning, as usual over the past week, I woke up and opened my right eye - and then gingerly opened my left eye.  Shhh - I think that there could be a little improvement.  I still see double when both eyes are open ( they don't seem to want to focus on the same point) but the left eye is not seeing double at the moment.  Hope that I am not fooling myself but that seemed positive.

Which then made the next moment so strange.  I really REALLY want to finish this "Tuesday night quilt" that I keep harping on about - painting the forth bridge would have been quicker - and so started to put on some sashing with the sewing machine - only to find that the machine needed re- threading.  No problem - I have a needle threader after all - apart from the fact that, suddenly, my right eye couldn't see very clearly.  HELP !  I was beginning to feel like that song "Four wheels on my waggon and I'm still rolling along" - what could go wrong next?   Well  - perhaps the eye might have been more focussed if I was wearing my reading glasses rather than my long distance ones!  Phew - that was close!



Anyway I am now making progress with the quilt - all 7 rows have been "sashed" with the backs slip stitched on five of them.  Three rows have now been joined and I am hoping to do the others before the craft group tomorrow so that I can take it and hand sew the back seams.  That will just leave the binding and the hanging sleeve to go.  I have to say that we were told to do the sashing and binding with calico but I quite like being a rebel - I wanted the black to give a "stained glass window" effect.

Other than that it has been a warm day here so I have mowed the lawn, got rid of some ikea candles via the freely given facebook page for our area, changed the bed, sorted through some boxes from upstairs and loaded a bag of raffle books and prizes to take with me tomorrow for church.  I think that I have earned a sit down - tonight, on ch4 at 6:30pm,  there's a programme on musicals followed by Les Miserables - just my kind of viewing!

4 comments:

  1. Quilts looking bril, well done,
    That must have been scary with your right eye!
    But good news with the left, sounds like it's trying to recover?
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooerr a scary moment...but good to hear the left eye is settling...even if a little bit, its progress when you think where you were this time last week.
    Lovely sewing as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bit scaryllll sounds as though you bad eye might be making progress, who h will be brilliant. The quilt. Looks lovely, well worth the effort. Well done.xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek I can't figure out which eye is which or what is seeing how when. No big deal it is only important you and your health care team have that information.
    I can feel for you when you know threading a needle without good depth perception might be a challenge and then it's the clarity that is the issue must have been so scary.
    I am so glad you figured it out
    You remain in my thoughts and prayers
    All the best
    Colleen 😃👍🏻😎

    ReplyDelete