Saturday 23 December 2017

Making progress - to "delicate"

 Well, first a back update.  As the blog title suggests I would now describe it as "delicate" I can move around without being in a lot of pain - I am just slower and feel more awkward than normal!  Snail pace then eh?


Today I was up early (ish) to go and fetch the Christmas meat hamper and take it to Mum's.  She was really pleased by the quality of the meat - but a little bit confused when we found two gammon joints but no turkey!  Cue a trip back to swap them around.  Mind you -we did enjoy the complimentary mince pies so will forgive them!


Back home (and it was nearly noon by now) and it was the usual - dishwasher emptying and filling, hoovering around, cleaning out the fireplace etc etc - all at a gingerly pace of course.




Next up was the preparation of my "Christmas Day Sewing Project" - I know, I know - but every year I like to have something to do when the folks have their nap!  This time I am going to make another one of THOSE bags - but a larger version and with Christmas related fabric.







I am also getting towards the end of my sewing box embroidery so took the enforced rest period to trace the inner and outer lid embroidery pattern - just in case I find some time to tackle it of course!




By now the afternoon was drawing in, and I had caught up with The Archers, so it was time for evening tv.  Tonight I am planning on watching the stage version of "Elf" ( I have never seen the film but like to watch the recording of a live staged event at some point over Christmas) followed by a new series that I started to watch last week - "Feud" on BBC 2.  I also have the last 15 minutes or so of the documentary on "Saturday Night Fever" that was on last night and worth a catch up if you didn't see it.  It was peppered with facts such as they filmed all of the iconic dance routines to demo tapes from the Bee Gees.  When the real versions arrived (and filming had finished by now) they realised hat the rhythms were slightly different and therefore the dancing looked out of sync.  Cue months of research before they found the technology to correct it!  Fascinating!

BTW - the current mileage is 990. 395 - not far now!

1 comment:

  1. Good to know there is some progress with the back. Meat hamper looks good.

    ReplyDelete