Thursday 21 December 2017

Alexa - what are you up to now?

Last night I tried a new command for Alexa - Alexa play radio 2 on my echo dot.  I was downstairs at this moment and the upstairs echo started playing music.  Buoyed by this success, this morning I told my echo dot to play radio 2 on my echo - believing that the machine downstairs would start playing - but nothing happened.  Ah well I thought!  Meanwhile, in another part of Lincolnshire Mum and Dad woke up at 7am to music playing.  Dad went to investigate and the echo downstairs had burst into life playing radio 2 - that would be my fault then - oops!  On the plus side it meant that they could get up early and do the M & S shop that Dad has wanted to do for a few days.  Surprisingly enough they were the third set of people in the shopping centre this morning! (Mum was relieved to find out that it was my fault by the way - she thought that the machine was faulty!)

Having established that my day started early, I took the opportunity to pop into Tesco's (it was surprisingly okay customer wise) before heading for the hairdressers and my 6 weekly colour and chop.  Looking a tad more respectable, I headed home via Mum and Dad's for a cuppa.  However, by now, my joints were aching and so rushing around the house was out of the question.  Instead, I put the first episode of the current season's Grand Tour on the computer and started to sort out the craft room desk - which spends its' life cluttered but was, at least, a job that I could do sitting down with a hot water bottle on my back!

The postman arrived - bearing gifts. Well, one particular one - the fabric that Sewingbuddy made me order a few days ago - its rather nice!  Sewingbuddy did a good job finding some coordinating fabric!



I also sorted out my "tin of quality street" - a bucket filled with pieces of hifi bars wrapped in silver / coloured foil - as well as a bucket of flavoured coffee / options / hifi bars.  I am hoping that this keeps temptation in check for a while over the festive period.




The last "sit down" task of the day was to get my January layout of my "bullet journal" sorted - don't ask - heck out on google!


3 comments:

  1. Love the fabric, can’t wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for an excellent explanation. The pictures you post are lovely by the way. Sorry your body is sore/painful. Also your parents summerhouse does sound grand and that is their second home or vacation place in a different town. We don't have a vacation home in our family but we could just stay over at each other's homes for a change of scenery and call it a vacation, ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete