Thursday 7 December 2017

A prize winning day!

Today, being the 7th December, the advent calendar revealed a box of pot- pourri from Phil and Chris and Row 7 of my sewing (thankfully an easy patchwork row ready to host more yo-yo's - I am out tonight so am short of "hand sewing time" but it's looking good so far!).  I then logged onto Facebook to catch up, whilst I had my breakfast, only to find that I had won a competition.  Stitchtopia has been running an advent competition and I have won a 100 piece crochet set!! Well, I did say that I wanted to learn how to do this properly now didn't I?  That'll show me!

This morning I had to face storm Caroline (its windy and rainy here so no real change!) to pop into Louth and visit the mobile breast screening unit.  Not my favourite task - but one that I believe to be essential.  Whilst I was there I took the opportunity to buy some more Christmas cards for the box making session at the WI tonight - the cheaper the better as they are easier to fold.  I also posted some Christmas parcels - I can't believe how time is racing away!


Back home, and with WI on my mind, it was wrapping the WI gifts (we have 6 members with birthdays in December!), sorting the raffle prizes and getting my contribution for the supper ready (Smoked salmon pate with melba toast).







With sellotape and paper out, I also took the opportunity for more present wrapping - well, it would be wrong to waste a warm afternoon inside now wouldn't it?  I do have another two episodes of The White Princess to catch up on you know!







I even managed to sew the patchwork part of the first block from this year's Block of the month (if I told you that we have just been sent block 9 and this is block one, you will have an idea of how far behind I am!)


1 comment: