Sunday 1 October 2017

I have survived the sewing endurance trial!




Well folks, I am now safely back at home after a 2 day sewing retreat.  Terry had worked hard to set the room up and to provide us with all sorts of tempting goodies (I resisted you may like to hear!) such as sticky ginger cake, crisps, cheese and biscuits. clotted cream scones and a tub of roses!











Although we all could choose what we were doing, Terry , Ev and I were under the tutelage of Louise who showed us how to sew (and, in my case, unpick!)a Saddle Bag.  We all managed to complete the bag by the end of day 2 - so that was an achievement!







Everyone went out for lunch on day 1 (I stayed in - it's easier from a  SW point of view and I had presents to sew - managed to complete 4 whilst they had lunch!) and then again on Day 2.  This time I joined them - it was a carvery at a local pub and I made sure that I stuck to veg with no butter on or low fat options.





Whilst we were in the pub, we spied this wall hanging - which made us all chuckle.







Back at base, Pat was creating a self designed bag,






Ev was sewing her bag,






Louise was feeling like a real sewer - with her own travel iron! (which she managed to drop onto the table whilst it was plugged in - oops!)









And Chris encapsulated the whole weekend with her joy for sewing!








Me? Well I managed the bag, 4 presents and half of my blocks for my Tuesday night class - not too shabby eh?  I think that I need to go and lie down in a darkened room now!  Will we do it again- I would be surprised if we didn't!  It was good fun and we achieved a lot.





Tonight its back to reality as I get ready for the Textile group tomorrow and, if my eyes stay open, risk a little hand sewing.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Love the poster. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does indeed sound like an endurance trial to me!! Well done on keeping on the straight and narrow!

    ReplyDelete