Sunday 19 November 2017

"Christmas in a box"

Does anyone remember when Margot from "The Good Life" ordered Christmas in a box from Harrods - and it didn't arrive?  Well, today, I paid the deposit for our "Christmas in a box" - not quite the same - just the meat hamper - but it gives me the giggles when I think about it.

Today was a workshop at Needles and Threads in Lincoln (yes sewingbuddy I was good with lunch and brought my cake / pud home with me to have tomorrow night).  It was with my embroidery teacher but was to make a fabric box - originally thinking that my hardanger work could be the topper.  However when I saw the lovely fabric hat she had brought, I quickly changed my mind and settled for this paisley design with a fuchsia pink interior - scrummy!


I also managed, today, to solve a present dilemma.  Sorry Wendy - you will have to wait - but I have got a corker to cover your birthday and Christmas presents next year!

Mum and I have also sorted our Alexa's - we can now call each other and the phone app rings - even when I was at sewing (you just need wifi access to make it work) so that's one less problem to solve!

So now I am about to put the tea on and go up stairs to sort today's loft box - I have started to take the Christmas decorations out and store those boxes in the bedroom ready for sorting / putting out on the 1st December.  I also need to light the fire - then I am sorted for tonight's TV.  Who needs Christmas decorations (check out the Wragby house in Lincolnshire if you are close) to tell you that Christmas is just around the corner when you have "I'm a Celebrity" starting tonight?

5 comments:

  1. Nice, but what was the workshop for
    Embroidery or to make a box?
    And what is the box for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the workshop was to make a box that would use the embroidery we did previously. As for what's the box for -your present?

      Delete
  2. Just a thought -how big is the box- can you fit a Bernina in it?

    ReplyDelete