Monday 13 February 2017

Unexpected moments!




Last night, for some reason, my mind was racing.  That's the only reason I can think of as to why I was still awake at gone 2am!  Therefore, when the alarm went off at 6:30am it was a rude awakening - made worse by my stumbling to the kettle, taking it to the tap to be filled, only to be greeted with water spurting everywhere.  In-between the water starting and me realising what needed to be done, it felt like a biblical flood!  Water turned off, it was the nut at the bottom of the mixer tap that had worked loose and was okay once tightened up again but ......  I was soaked!

The early start was so that I could open up for the Monday Morning Gang.  Four people weighed in and lost half a stone between them with a new friend joining us.  Me?  Well I will admit to not having a good week but stayed the same weight wise so will live with that one!  As we speak I am opening up the good old slimming wold books and planning my week out!




There was a strange sight in the sky, I think that they call it the sun!  So, off I went to the garden centre where I bought some compost for the veg trug / potatoes, some strawberry plants and some plug plants for my front door baskets (I just have to find some first mind you!)  I don't know if you remember but I had a £8 off a £40 spend - and my bill came to £40 exactly !!  With my own £8 vouchers as well (plus the offer on the compost), I got £43 worth of goods for £24 - not too shabby!



Once home, it was time to clear up the mess caused by this mornings antics - which was a good excuse to empty the cupboard next to the dishwasher in case they need to gain access tomorrow.  I still haven't found the socket for the dishwasher - how strange!  I guess all will be revealed tomorrow.

I also took Daisy out for her first walk since the op.  Truthfully she is becoming more tigger like as the days go on, and her scar is looking really nice and neat, but the vets have said that she is only allowed short "on the lead" walks so we won't be going up to the beach until we get the all clear - hopefully on Thursday!




Craftwise - I know, you were thinking that I had forgotten now weren't you - I completed this bird block last night which then left me with just two to go.  How could I resist that challenge?  So I set off to complete my penultimate block.  The final one (apart from some bonus blocks to take me to 110 blocks in total) is full of tiny squares so is likely to drive me nuts!!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry....just picking myself up off the floor have fallen off my chair laughing!! Oh to have been a fly on the wall in your kitchen this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a bit of sympathy would have been nice!!

      Delete
  2. Well done getting so far with the blocks must be a great feeling?

    ReplyDelete