Monday 20 February 2017

Where has the nice weather gone?

I woke up early to lovely sunshine and the car said that the temperature was 11 degrees.  Great, I thought, when I get home more fence painting!  Huh!

This morning started with the Monday Morning Gang - where, I can report, I lost 4lbs so not too shabby.  The textile group then closely followed.  For a variety of reasons we were low in numbers but were tackling some wool felt applique / reverse applique.  The hardest part was the cutting out but the finished product promises to be very effective!



So, racing home to an afternoon of fence painting - and it had turned FREEZING!! (I should add that it warmed up later but by then I was distracted!) Ah well, I can look at the work covered yesterday with pride - it's not often that I would be out working in the garden in February after all.  So, what's a girl to do with an unexpected free afternoon?  Well, after the usual dog walk, it was back on the Splendid Sampler treadmill.  Now I am going to put this out there - you know what I am like for a deadline!  My aim is to finish this quilt by Saturday - it is a Scamblesby day and so it might actually be finished on Saturday!  Let's see how that one goes!  Today's task was the relentless trimming of blocks down to 6 1/2 inches square ready to add the sashing.  Once that is finished the next job will be to lay them all out on the bed, arrange them as I wish, take a photo and then start to sew the remaining 5 rows etc etc etc!  By the end of the afternoon I had 9 blocks to finish quilting and trim so it's going well!







On a totally different note, the post arrived with a free gift for Millie and Daisy - clearly a promotion from Tesco along with vouchers but they won't mind!!

1 comment: