Friday 10 February 2017

Wintery showers have arrived




Last night, and this morning, we have seen the wintery showers that the weather forecasters had predicted.  I would say though that they are more like white rain rather than actual proper snow!  Inland it was a different case and, as I travelled into Louth this morning, I did pass cars with a considerable amount of snow on them.  I was in Louth to take Daisy to the vets for her check up.  They were pleased with her progress, although she has a slight inflammation on her wound, but don't need to see her for another week.



After stopping off at Aldi for some cheap fat quarters, it was home for some tidying up (where did I get that urge to wipe the cupboard doors down from?) before starting on some more SS blocks ( only 10 more to go!)  Mum and Dad have upped the anti - they were going to come up at Easter, and may still do so, but they are also coming up on Sunday 12th March - so my self imposed deadline for finishing the quilt has moved forward by one month!!  Last night I tacked 15 blocks ready for quilting but settled down today to complete one or two more blocks.  First up was a windmill effect - and, fortunately for me, someone else had suggested a 3d version - which actually took a lot less time than the original!



Next up was a "skyscraper" block which didn't really appeal.  Again, someone else had changed this to a more domesticated block with pretty houses and gardens.  So I spent time putting the foundations down - and will embroider the features tonight.  All the time, listening to the radio where they were explaining how rice, rice cakes etc contains arsenic and how we should be careful how often we eat it - apparently brown rice has twice as much arsenic as white rice!  Help!!



On a different crafting front, I m now up to row 12 (out of 100) of my crochet blanket.  Now I am not saying that it is perfect but I am enjoying it and there is a wave pattern of sorts.  At least I am getting lost of practice in double crochet, half treble and treble crochet stitches!


1 comment:

  1. Well the Asian world does well on a diet of rice so it cant be THAT bad! We switched to brown rice recently too!

    ReplyDelete