Sunday 20 August 2017

A day of rest

What a strange day today was -I just couldn't get going at all - I seemed permanently tired!

Still, there's always stuff to be done so, after a kitchen / lounge tidy up and a sort out of the cart room desk (well, paperwork put away at least)I made a start on the afore mentioned Christmas present whilst listening to The Archers' Omnibus.  By 11:15, when it finished, my eyes were dropping so I had 40 winks on the sofa (well - I tried to at least!)

After a light lunch (and by now now I was beginning to wonder if it was a sugar low since I have have been angelic this week!) I took the dogs for a walk up at the beach in the hope that it would blow some cobwebs away.  On return I thought that I would continue the fresh air theme and do some more fence painting.  Having passed the 600 miles threshold whilst up at the beach I thought I would celebrate by temporarily painting 600 on a fence post! It also highlights the difference pre and post fence painting - I am now over halfway and it does look a lot better!

In for a rest and I started to sort out my craft project for next weekend- whilst watching the latest edition of The Quilt Project on You tube (Louise - this link is for you!)  It's my brother's wedding and, apart from having nothing to do in a hotel room, the actual day involves an inter family cricket match (not my favourite sport!) so I have a mental image of lots of chats and laughter whilst also doing some lovely handsewing!  This is the second block of the secret Christmas wall hanging that the Textile group have been doing and I am playing catch up.  Just a little on block one and this one - then I am caught up and just have one to do when we go back!

For pudding tonight, its the last of the "Being creative with Blackberries" week and so I am going to try and make Blackberry snow but substitute low fat creme fraiche for the double cream - let's hope that all of this effort shows tomorrow on the scales.  After the large weigh loss last week I am not being too hopeful!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you arent coming down with something! Like you I was thinking about how much lovely craft time I will have next weekend ...and the following week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! Quick question that's completely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My site looks weird when browsing from my iphone. I'm trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to resolve this problem. If you have any suggestions, please share. Appreciate it! My Site: Moncler outlet

    ReplyDelete