Thursday 31 August 2017

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!




Today was another early start - Daisy's regular appointment with her hairdresser groomer.  How she manages to get her from a tousled mess to a perfectly groomed pet in an hour I will never know - but she always comes back smelling and looking fab!






Once home, and with the housework sorted, I started to pack for my Scamblesby day on Sunday and those "kits" that I was assembling yesterday.  Sadly there was a mistake on one but this should just about cover it!  Part of packing is making sure that you have every shade of thread that you need -and then you never seem to have the right one!  To date I have sorted two kits and am assembling a  third - and then I panic that I won't have enough to keep me busy!




After lunch, and a quick mow of the lawn in -between the showers, I set to trying to finish block 9 of Anderson's Farm.  If you have been reading my warblings long enough, you would have read that I thought I had finished the blocks when I did block 10 - only to find that I had left block 9 out.  Somehow my mojo regarding this project left me at that point and it has been difficult to regain it.  In addition, there's a new BOM started and we are currently halfway through so it would be good to see this one finished!  Well, ta da - block 9 has now been finished and assembled.  "Kit" 3 is the finishing kit for Anderson's Farm - well, apart from 4 embroidered hearts that i have just seen that I need in the corners - grr!


Today's hexagon challenge is "Desert Animals" -apparently rabbits are allowed - phew!  I just about have time to sort some hexagons before I go out later - Mum and Dad are taking my cousin and her family to The Halfway House at North Thoresby - would be rude not to join them me thinks!  Eating "on the rock" is always a great experience - but I will go for a more SW friendly choice than this stock photo!


On a totally different note, this photo from the wedding was released today and perfectly seems to sum up the two families coming together.  Both Mike and Sue have three children each so, overnight, their family has doubled in size!  Of course - if it just happens to show the wonderful bunting off .......


Mind you - maybe they got the wrong football team here - don't West Ham sing I'm forever blowing bubbles?



No comments:

Post a Comment