Monday 21 August 2017

Surprise, surprise - I've only gone and done it again!

Today started with a bit of lie in - normally okay but, with a WI committee meeting at 10am, it meant a rush around to get sorted!  Of course it was aided by being at Carine's house - she does make exceedingly good homemade biscuits - today she was literally taking them out of the oven as I arrived!

Two hours plus later, I walked home - only to be greeted by Ruby and her grandmother.  Ruby had wanted to make me a pin cushion to remind me of her and our sewing lessons before she goes back to Hertfordshire on Friday. Of course they had to come in and have a play with Daisy (who reluctantly allowed herself to be fussed!) and we enjoyed a coffee out in the "she cave" in the sun.





By now it was time for a quick dishwasher unloading / loading session - before heading on out to Slimming world.  I truly didn't expect much, after the 8 lbs last week, but then managed to lose another 3 1/2 lbs AND was awarded slimmer f the week - yey!!  The down side to this is that I now have a basket of plums to find a use for - makes a change from the blackberries i guess!  The upside is that I am now only 17lbs away from my first target (not forgetting being only 31lbs away from my new sewing machine of course!)  With my family wedding this weekend, I don't expect to lose much next week but my aim is to be good until and after then.  What happens at the weekend will stay at the weekend!


4 comments: