Wednesday 30 August 2017

Family catch up

Today I popped up to Mum and Dad's - nothing unusual about that, I know, but they currently have my cousin and her family visiting so I decided to take Daisy with me so that she could be reunited with them.  Truthfully I think that she was a little overwhelmed by them and spent much of the visit on my knee but she relented and allowed them to stroke her!

Mind you - I don't know why I bothered visiting - it would seem that everyone was more interested in their technology - even the silver surfers amongst us!






My cousin and her family had decided to visit Woodhall Spa and had bought tickets to see Despicable Me 3 at the Kinema in the Woods - it will be interesting to find out what she thought about this unique picture house.  Meanwhile I popped into Cleethorpes for some retail therapy before meeting up with Mum and Dad for a much needed cuppa!  By now it was nearly mid afternoon - where do these days go?- and so it was time to get started with a much put off task - cutting 132 rectangles for my Anderson's Farm border.  11 fabrics - 12 rectangles from each - baby steps!!!  Talking of Lynette Anderson and her designs - I have just paid the deposit for her workshops next year - we are treating ourselves to 2 days - one of which is on my birthday so it would be rude not to - surely?

Once the rectangles have been finished, my next task is to sew another set of hexagons (I know - I am taking part in a challenge to sew 100 of them in 100 days and today's theme is "Ocean animals" - penguins swim in the Antarctic ocean - right?) before starting to get ready for my next Scamblesby day - now which lucky UFO should I take?  There are just too many to choose from!!




No comments:

Post a Comment