Friday 18 August 2017

Burglary update

Let's start with an update and a thank you to everyone who make kind comments.  Mum and Dad manged to get there before my brother and so they were able to go into the house with them (I think that was their greatest fear - the fear of not knowing!)  As it so happened, the police did exaggerate - I am not underplaying the feeling of violation when some scum has come into your personal lace - but these seem to have made a grab and run effort.  The mess was upturned drawers and cupboards rummaged rather than anything long lasting.  By this morning, order had been restored and Mum and Dad decided to come home.  Psychologically, my brother and his wife seem to be coping with it well.


I decided to pop into Grimsby, this morning, and buy a batch of low fat sausages from the Farmers Market - it's always nice to have a stash in the freezer!  On the way home, I stopped off at Mum and Dad's and picked up the basket of ironing.  She had mentioned that the ever growing pile needed dealing with so I thought that I would give her a treat.  Mind you - there were far too many shirts in that basket for my liking!  I won't offer again in a hurry!







Back home, and after that HUGE pile of ironing (the picture only shows half of it!), I put the finishing touches to the commission (my friend is delighted with it - phew) and gave it a press. I will package it up and post it off tomorrow so that my friend can take it on holiday with them and give it on the day.





The postman called - with my medal!  I am amassing a few now in my collection.

The rest of the afternoon was spent listening to the Archers Omnibus and making a "Magic Pouch" to match my wedding handbag before taking Maisie home.  It's a useful "clutch bag" which I can clip inside the handbag and store my car keys and phone - the "magic" part keeps everything separate.

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks to mum and dad for all their help and for everyone else for their concern. Other than money and a Pandora bracelet and charms, nothing else was taken and no damage has been done. We have a lot to thank God for - it could of been a lot worse. We are now the proud owners of a very very loud house alarm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are relieved to hear that, although its something we all dread happening, even though our possessions are modest, they are ours!

    Well done on the ironing pile and beautiful pressie!

    ReplyDelete