Saturday 19 August 2017

A flexible day!

With no  appointments for today, the day stretched out in front of me. My main task was to finish the small "clutch" bag that I needed for next week's wedding - so why did I not finish it until after 4pm?

A lie in, followed by some housework (did I mention how much hair Maisie drops?) meant that, by 10am, I was ready to make a start.  Well, I thought, lets just see if I can book the hotel yet for next year's Lynette Anderson workshop.  Oh yeah - the prices are up and indicate a joint price of £300 for two people, two nights, breakfast each morning and a two course dinner each evening.  Not bad - but could I do better.  Haggling on the phone brought the price down to £258 - just £5 each more than we paid this year - result!

Whilst I was on the landline making the deal, Wendy texted inviting me round for a coffee.  Well, I did say that it was a flexible day so off I went!  Nearly two hours later we finished catching up and I posted the commission off and came home for lunch.  Should I start sewing then?  Well, maybe not, the dogs needed a walk!


Long story short - I started the bag at 3pm and finished by 4pm - Not too shabby!  It's only a simple bag but will be needed in an open tote bag for security.

All that needs to be done now is to cut some pieces out for tomorrows project (a Christmas present), make tea (fish pie and blackberry cranachan since you ask) and settle down with some christmas embroidery - mine is such a hard life!

No comments:

Post a Comment