Tuesday 4 August 2015

Another day, another hospital cancellation!!

May I first thank everyone for their best wishes towards my father's operation.  Sadly, and after  staying overnight and waiting around this morning, the hospital have sent him home and have promised to ring tomorrow re another date.  I could get on my soap box about the NHS and the stress that this constant cancellation does to the patient and their family but am not so sure that it would achieve anything!!

So - onto my day - I woke up to this as my Google search.  Slightly freaky when your computer is wishing you happy birthday!!  My cousin also sent me an irreverent minions e-card - thank you x








So - first on the agenda was to go and buy a new car.  I had intended to buy a brand new car but for reasons too complicated to talk about here I opted for this demo car which has 1900 miles on the clock (thank you for the suggestion Wendy) and will pick the car up later in the month.  I even managed to get a free dog guard thrown in and half a tank of petrol!









After that it was quick detour via my favourite fabric shop and then onto my birthday treat.  My good friends, Jean and Wendy, treated me to an afternoon tea at Lilly's in nearby Keelby (winner of a C4 Four in a Bed programme - its also a b & b).  As you can see we were not short of food - I suspect there will be no tea tonight!




I was also lucky enough to receive some lovely presents from Jean and Wendy - sewing accessories from Liberty's from Wendy and some Annie Sloan fabric from Jean (I loved the gift bag made from Newspaper!)  Ironically I was only reading the other day about stair treads made from fabric - I need to investigate further but this would do nicely!! 








The tea room had a sister home ware shop - mmmmmmmmmmm - lovely signs ready for my hall / kitchen - I just could not resist!  In particular I could not leave the "You are my sunshine" wall hanging.

So - I am now home and exhausted - ready to kick off my shoes and chill.  Hopefully I will soon be able to understand what happened today with Dad and we can all move forward. In the meantime thank you for your best wishes - I am now officially RETIRED!!


In terms of the sewing cabinet - and change of paint colour - here it is after 24 hours drying. I really like the subtle colour!





And today's minion quote:-

I thought it summed up some of my car negotiations - although I think that I won out in the end










4 comments:

  1. Loving the minion quotes - and a nearly new car - and afternoon tea - wow, what a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That afternoon tea looked scrum my, I must try it, will have to tell me where it is.
    Looked like you had a great birthday.
    Let's hope your poor dad get sorted soon.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a minor panic attack when I read about the irreverent e card....as I hadn't listened to it all the way through! Phew,nothing to be worried about.
    The op cancellation leaves a heavy weight in the stomach doesn't it :(
    Looks like you had a lovely day otherwise.
    1900 miles....that IS a new car isn't it!?

    ReplyDelete