Saturday 22 August 2015

When is a disaster just a little inconvieniance?

Today was my monthly sewing class.  Truthfully its a huge giggle with a group of like minded women who also happen to enjoy sewing.  As I have said before we are sewing a block a month and I am choosing fabric to represent each month  - goodness knows what the finished article will look like!  For August I have chosen fabric to represent my travels - Chic Italian ladies and chocolates / macaroons from Bruges - this quilt is turning into some form of memory journal!




Terry has always been a rebel and decided long ago that these blocks were not for her - and so brought along a bag to sew today.  Its her version of the bag that I made at a workshop last month and, between us plus a lot of seam ripping!, the bag has turned out well.



















When I arrived home - and after being given a portion of chilli for my tea from Jean - thanks for that (saves on the cooking!) - I emptied the car.  For the first time since I have lived in the house (24 years ) I dropped a can of diet coke which literally exploded everywhere showering the hall walls, floor and stairs with coke.  Yep - the same hall that was decorated a week ago and has a new floor which is 4 days old!  The air, I must confess, was blue!  As I was frantically, but carefully, wiping up my phone leapt into action with a BBC news bulletin - telling me about the horrific air accident in Sussex where some of my family live - and then of course it hit me.  This is just diet coke - no more no less - it can be cleaned up and, if necessary, walls can be repainted and new flooring laid.  Lives can not be replaced.  It sure helps to put some perspective on the situation!

Maybe this says it better than I can:-


'When it rains look for rainbows, when its dark look for stars.' Keep holding on, look for the positives in life even when its raining inside your mind ♡ inspiring quotes just for you

3 comments:

  1. What a great day we had today,
    even if you are nasty to Me.

    But i am thick skinned, and can take it.
    Thank you for your help with he bag, felt like I should have paid you today not Jenny lol!

    What a terrible thing to do with the coke!
    that's the second coke disaster, remember a couple of weeks ago one exploded all over your lovely BGB bag at Scamblesby.

    Think you should stop drinking it,
    White wine iwould be better it doesn't stain.

    Just watching the news how about the plane crash how dreadful .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another eventful day, quite relaxing until you got home!!!! What a shame, hopefully you have managed to wash it all off otherwise it could get sticky.
    The bag looks good despite all the seam ripping.
    Hope you enjoyed the Chilli. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that always the way!! But as you say, get it into perspective.
    (Have very intermittent internet access at mo)

    ReplyDelete