Monday 10 August 2015

Day 1 - Italy here we come ( well Gatick first of course!)

So - after getting over the shock of waking up to an alarm (6 am no less) I headed off for the train station. Now you have to understand that I have a pathological fear of being late .  Thus must be the reason why I arrived at the station at 8:45 when my train left at 10:19!!!! There's early and then there's early!  Cue a costa coffee in the sun.


After battling with case  ( yes I used the lift to go over the bridge) and talking to other holiday makers I collapsed into my first class seat - loads of legroom and almost like an arm chair. Cue offers of toast / Danish pastries / bacon roll / porridge / yoghurt and granola with fruit juice / coffee / tea / water plus refills.  I had left without breakfast so took the bacon roll / orange juice / coffees and water option.

My train arrived at Kings across but Julia and Trisha would be arriving an hour later and our train to gatwick left from st pancras. So I headed over there to secure a table - boy was it busy - and have a light lunch.   I presumed they would have something on the train but would wait with them if not.

So - at 12:36 - I am on my 6th cup of coffee and using my free 20 mins of wifi to write this blog so far - and yet cannot work out how to load the images I've taken so far - this will be a steep learning curve!!!!!!!

Update - it's nearly half past 4 and we've reached gatwick. A little bit of duty free before tea and then boarding. . Still haven't mastered loading photos from my phone it I am quickly running out if battery so will call it a day and try again tomorrow xx



4 comments:

  1. Ooo how exciting, I feel as if I am there with you!
    This pathological fear of being late I now know must be a family trait! I am mocked for how early I get us all everywhere...and think I have conditioned Teen Two to never be late as I learned from his teachers he runs to all his classes so he wont be late...and watches the clock constantly to make sure he isn't late...oh dear..big mummy guilt trip there!
    Never been first class before...sounds wonderful! Enjoy the rest of the journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you with the fear of being late, I am just the same,
    And start planning and packing to early and end up forgetting something😄
    Anyway have a lovely holiday and look forward to reading the blogs and seeing what your up to.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose now is the time to own up to also having a problem with being late!!
    Being married to my present husband who seems to have no idea how long things take or when I say 'we have to leave at 7pm' his brain somehow interprets that as 'start getting dressed at 7pm'. ,!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pressed the publish button a bit quick, I was going to say. - day one seems exciting enough so I'm sure the following days should get even better. Just watch the coffee levels!! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete