Monday 24 August 2015

It pays to tidy up - in so many ways!

As many of you will know I normally exist in an orderly (sometimes I must confess disorderly) chaos but, every now and then, I feel the need for a tidy up.  Yesterday was one of those days when I started to address the mountain of bags and boxes in my bedroom that had come from the kitchen / hall cupboard or lounge.  Nothing special in that you might say - until you realise that I came across a number of receipts for places like Tesco / B & Q etc.  Clearly I had emptied my purse before going on holiday but didn't want to just throw them away and the fireplace wasn't in place


 to burn them.  Again - hardly newsworthy - until , that is, you remember my problem getting brilliant white satinwood paint.  Whilst thinking that I had to settle for "Jasmine white" I bought three tins from B & Q at £14.87 each, didn't use them and have no use for them - but without the receipt that was £45 down the drain.  With the receipts - see where this heading?

So today I quickly hovered around (including the hall and then went over it with a floor wipe - see how much gunk was still down there!) before going out with Jean to enrol on our Creative Textiles course.  Whilst we were out I took the paint back and (sorry Happymum - it just wasn't happening) the car ramp.  That means that with the purchase of a kitchen blind and some fabric I was still in the surplus zone - go me!  I only popped into L & C for some threads and felt - but they had these adorable fabrics just in - they had only just opened the packet!!  Well - I couldn't just walk away now could I?
oops - "Australian photography!"











Once home, and a late lunch of a low fat sausage sandwich (see - I am trying!), it was time for some more tidying up in the bedroom. There's only one basket, one box and a bag to go.  Some would say that I ought to keep going until I finish but sometimes I keep something - and then change my mind the next day (that's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it! whilst I was tidying up a memory popped into my mind.  How did your parents get you to tidy your bedroom.  Mine used to tell us that the Queen might be popping in and we needed to be ready.  I can't remember my verbal reply but, once I figured out that she wouldn't bother coming to us every week, I seem to recall thinking - "so what!"  Mind you if you had seen my mother in full on mode ..............


I am hoping that tonight sees the last of the cutting up of supplies and that my sewing retreat case can be packed - one more job ticked off.  (This job would have been finished last night had I not lost the pattern - I have found it now but another reason for a good tidy up!)  However I thought that we all needed a giggle and came across this today x












1 comment:

  1. Tidying up is always good!!!! Yours has paid off big time, what a saving.
    As for 'The Queen coming!' there was always the possibility of her dropping in for tea!! (I managed to get away with that for years!!). I don't remember being on 'full on mode' always calm and serene!! Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete