Friday 28 August 2015

Minor miracles

Today has been really a day of two halves.  This morning I woke up early, had breakfast and started sewing.  Last night I completed my first piece - a Redwork centre for next month's block at my patchwork class.  The block reminds me of a camera's shutter so I have created a focal point of a Redwork sewing machine to celebrate my swing retreat and a workshop that I am going to in mid September.  I also found time to apply for some "Strictly "tickets to watch the recording.  I doubt that I will be successful but, as they say, you have to be in it to win it!

Then I set off to travel over the bleak but beautiful Dartmoor to meet Mum in Tavistock - the birthplace of Sir Francis Drake and a beautiful pannier market town with a lovely sewing shop.  Needless to say the shop now has less stock than when we entered but I was restrained - honest!

The second half was when we then travelled on to Derriford Hospital to have lunch ( very nice Roast Pork carvery) and then to see Dad.  Imagine our surprise when, only 24 hours after his op, we find him being moved back to the normal ward.  He looked a good colour and, apart from some tubes coming out of him, looked absolutely normal.  He was even being cheeky and cracking a few jokes - although he was clearly tired.  They say that this could be the honeymoon period in terms of pain etc but it was lovely to see him in such good health.

Coming home was uneventful- apart from the sat nav taking me down a dubious Devon lane which has resulted in a VERY dirt car - until I walked into the house.  I won't give details but let's say that Maisie must have had an upset stomach - grrrrrr

Sewing wise - as I said one piece down and a second should be finished tonight.  Looking good!

3 comments:

  1. Such good news about dad :)
    Can just imagine you in the shop!
    Shame about the new car getting dirty....and shame about Maisie! On the new carpet??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm panicking!! If it happens again don't give her too much food. Glad you arrived home OK. A good day.xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete