Monday 17 August 2015

C-Day (No 1)

So - the day has finally arrived.  The lounge has it's new carpet and there is a screed laid waiting for the laminate floor tomorrow.  This means that I can now move back into the lounge and stop camping out in the conservatory. Just one issue with the carpet - Millie likes to rub and roll all over it - something to do with the scent I guess.




Whilst the men were here I loaded the car with more refuse.  Katie and Millie seem to have taken their guard dog duties rather too seriously!   The plan was to leave when they did so that the floor had a chance to dry and at least I could be ready.  I also put my wall art up in the kitchen.  Readers of this blog should need no explanation as to why I chose this particular transfer!





I also took the opportunity of popping into Dunelm whilst I was out to buy a rug and some curtains.  Some might say that a cream carpet with dogs is just plain foolish - the rug will therefore give some protection and can be changed a lot easier and cheaper than a whole carpet.  For the curtains I went for a Duck Egg Blue chenille - they hang really nicely.








I have, however, come to the conclusion that I will not be able to finish the hall lounge and kitchen within a few days so will enjoy taking my time "dressing" the rooms - that's the fun bit anyway.

I also bought myself a little treat - a handheld dyson.  I love my upright dyson but sometimes you just want something small to hoover up that little bit of dog hair etc.  Dad always says that you need the right tools for a job - so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!  I have to say that, having gone for the pet version, I am amazed at how quickly it clears the sofa of Millie's hair!




The blog title - clearly C stands for carpet but why number 1?  Lets find out tomorrow!!







2 comments:

  1. C day!! Carpet and curtain day!! It's all coming together, you will have to train the dogs to come into the house using the side door, no dirty paws on the new flooring. Xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good!



    Happymum17 August 2015 at 06:11

    Some weeks back you posted pics of little "gnome hats", which were the by product of one of your projects. You asked for suggestions as to what to do with them and the other day I wondered if this might be a possibility....
    http://www.hotideas.co.uk/Product/105528/micromitt-oven-glove-red-berry-pack-of-2

    I was given a micro mitt a few years ago and its quite useful for getting small pots/cups/jugs/plates out of the microwave, when the handles have got too hot to hold.
    Don't know if your little things would be suitable, you would just need to sew one edge of them together to allow the thumb to fit in the bottom part and index finger in the top one...if you get what I mean!

    ReplyDelete