Saturday 29 August 2015

What a difference a day makes .........

Firstly - no update on Dad - the ward he's on has later visiting hours so I am waiting for mum's update.  She may have sent texts out but my mobile doesn't have a signal here!

So - my day.  I am in the middle of Devon - near to Great Torrington.  Every other year they build a fantastic "bonfire" - this year it's the village of Trumpton, other times it has been a full size model of the Victory or Pudding Lane in London.  You can walk around it, marvelling at how detailed it is and events are planned around it ( they've even had a brass band on the Trumpton band stand) and then they burn it down! All of that effort!  For charity of course but ......  So first thing I googled when the bonfire is this year with a view to visiting Trumpton before it's a pile of Ashes.  Erm - the website had a countdown timer which was saying 10 hours left!  Cue a quick visit!

I also ( ahem) paid a visit to Slimming World!  Several wise ladies have questioned the diet efforts lately  and, truthfully, they have been rather derailed so I thought that it's time to get back on that horse! For a class that started at 9am on a Saturday morning it was heaving with people!

So - after my weigh in ( what a shame - I can't update the timer until I get home - it's all water retention anyway lol) - and a quick visit to sainsburys followed by Trumpton - it was time for today's serious sewathon.  First up was cutting out more christmas bunting and sewing it - ready for turning through and pressing.  Then it was onto the 12 days of christmas - a Redwork project where all 12 pieces of bunting have to be edged - the sewing machine sews the front and tonight's tv project is to slip stitch the back of each.  It's very frustrating not to be able to show you pictures - I have tried emailing them to mums laptop but it would need me to log out of her google account and I daren't - she's not good on passwords bless!  I will investigate adding my account to hers tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. We saw Trumpton in the summer :) Was great...shouldn't think it will look as good in a couple of hours from now!
    To get you up to date, all is well with dad....apart from the rubbish hospital food.
    Shame we cant see any pics :( You can always edit at a later date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your on goal with your sewing- well done and keep going👏

    ReplyDelete