Saturday 15 August 2015

Self imposed deadlines are a nightmare!

So - before I talk about today and the changes that I alluded to yesterday - I thought that I ought to share some of the holiday photos with you.  Truthfully I did not take many - having been before - so Trisha has been emailing some through for your delectation.  They are at the end of this blog.

So - onto today - was it a calm relaxing day basking in the afterglow of a relaxing holiday - err - no!  As you will see from these before and after photos the garden dose look fantastic - but the mound of compost is huge.  I have been backwards and forwards to the tip all day (3 times - each time a round trip of 35 miles) and am trying to fool myself that I am making a dint in the pile.


As you may recall I have a lounge carpet being fitted on Monday and a hall floor laid on Tuesday.  Before then I need to paint the tv cabinet two coats so that I can ask the nice fitters to carry it back in for me.  I also want to paint the stairs before the hall floor goes down and had set aside this weekend to do that.  It is tempting not to move any more compost but I have two groups of friends  coming round on Wednesday and Thursday so it would be nice to let them see the cleaned up version of the garden - plus the tip is only open Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday - its all stress!!

Then of course I pick up the new car on Tuesday so have to empty this one out - don't want to be taking garden rubbish to the tip now do I?  Here are some before and after pictures. Hopefully you can tell the difference!!









 



 









Holiday photographs!


Hotel reception area
Lavender shop at Lake Garda
Patchworking in the hotel
A hazy Lake Garda - heat haze
An aerial view of Verona

Lunch in Verona - overlooking the arena

Venice




4 comments:

  1. Garden looks much emptier, I can sympathise with the trips to the tip, I do a lot of it after my MIL's gardener has been...but its nowhere near so far as you, only about a 6mile trip for me!
    Italy looks lovely....Lake Garda had that shroud of heat haze when we were there!
    All the work will be worth it, hang on in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it home in time, yes how dreadful the weather was yesterday.
    Sounds like you have a very busy few days ahead, don't over do it!
    the gardenlooks great what a nice surprise to come back to.
    Would t it be. Cheaper to put a message on for sale Facebook for a man and a van to collect it from you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be - but don't forget that I have half a tank of petrol to use up before I trade the car in - there method in my madness!

      Delete
  3. Garden looks good! It now gives you a chance to see what you want to do with it.
    I agree with SB don't over do it. You have plenty of time ahead of you. Xxx

    ReplyDelete