Friday 7 October 2016

Err - what EXACTLY have I done today then?

Let's start with last night - I managed to get that long list of chores done before I left for the WI meeting - where my poppy was given third place - good job I finished it then!  The theme for last night's meeting was "we've got rhythm" - everyone was given a musical instrument and we had to beat out different rhythms, keeping time with each other, increasing the temp and marching at the same time - we had a ball and lots of tears of laughter - it was really good for the soul!  Next month we are having a sugar craft demo - and then expected to make something and submit it for the competition - ooh eck!

After a very bad night's sleep - the pain in my leg saw me awake until 2:30am at least - I was somewhat sluggish this morning.  However there was a church planning meeting to get to at 10:30am and then straight onto Jean's.  Her car has now been officially written off and so I offered to drive her into Grimsby to do some shopping before picking the grandchildren up to sleep overnight.  She would have gone by bus but she was really good to me when I couldn't drive so its only fair that I repay the favour.

I got home around 4ish and so, after putting the shopping away and sorting the dogs out, the answer to the question in the title is "not a lot".  This evening will see some more handsewing but its been one of those sitting down days! 

1 comment:

  1. The WI sounded fun...as for the next meeting, sounds like you need to crib some ideas from Grandma!

    ReplyDelete