Monday 24 October 2016

Daisy comes of age!

Oh the indignity - Daisy has come into season and is now sporting a pair of "panties"!  Don't ask me how I know - the throw on the sofa is now in the washing machine!  With other dogs in the past I have just kept a close eye and cleared up any spots - however with cream carpets etc I thought that I would try my luck.  Having been bribed with a biscuit every time she lets me put them on, she has adapted to them well (albeit she tries every now and again to remove them and is now sporting some little girlie knickers over the panties for extra security!) - it just looks a little strange.  Of course I now can't walk her from the house - I have to take her up to the beach - when it's clear of other dogs of course!  On the upside I have no intention of breeding from her and so she will be spayed in the new year - they say wait for three months after her season has started so that will be the end of January then.

After the crafting bonanza of the weekend, it was a swift return to normality with a trip to Tesco and the local Garden Centre for some inspiration.  Being half term I went fairly early - but already there were parents with children having tantrums and you got the distinct impression that the parents were waiting for them to go back to school already.

Once home, shopping put away, dishwasher emptied and reloaded and lunch made, it was down to some church admin work (it can't be all crafting you know!) before starting to put the finishing touches to the "garden landscape" (ah well -all is well with my world).  I even managed to fit in a blood test (I have to fit one in before my next appointment with the consultant).

3 comments:

  1. Oh cats are so much easier in that department!
    Always loved my kids being off, one wonders why some folk have them...and what kid wants to go to a garden centre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute- love Daisy's knickers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly she's taken them off again - and hidden them!

      Delete