Wednesday 5 October 2016

Overdosing on Vitamin D? er, no - it's October!

Given that the current trend in this area seems to be prescribing Vitamin D tablets, I took full advantage of this mornings sunny , if very chilly, day to get outside and overdose on Vitamin D from the sun.  there I was painting away - focusing first on the edge of the patio so that the summerhouse can be put up without me worrying about getting to the fence behind.  I chose Ronseal's "Willow", by the way, because it is the accent colour on the summer house so thought that it would complement.  Two hours later, and frozen to he core , I had only managed to get this far!  I would have chosen to paint spray it but the piece on the One Show the other night completely put me off!  As it is, it would seem that the sun between October and March isn't strong enough to give you any Vitamin D!!  Ah well - more painting tomorrow I guess!

Once in, I then sewed some more curved piecing that I had pinned last night, before completing a Splendid Sampler block that I had started at Scamblesby.  Next up was more pinning and sewing - get the picture? - I have now completed 138 pieces ( 80% ) and will be extremely glad when they are out of the way!






By now the post had arrived and my first Box of Delights from The Bramble Patch.  This is some form of lucky dip where you pay an amount and, every month, a box of surprises arrives.  Since everyone gets the same box, I won't reveal what is in mine - but I am very happy with the contents and the price of the individual parts is more than I paid - always good to know!











Once home from walking the dogs up at the extremely windy beach, I was greeted with some photos from Mum - who must have mastered her ipad camera to send them!  One of them, which I thought I wold share with you, was of the table runner that I made - now in situ with the strange chairs!  I think that it looks quite fetching now!

3 comments:

  1. What do mean 'strange chairs' I think they look quite trendy for an old couple to choose!!! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite agree JD me, I love your chairs and Lynda should be pleased to have such trendy parents.
    Can't wait to find out what's in that box?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very colourful and perfect coordination! Shame about the vitamin D! But who says we are having "normal" October weather...seems much warmer than a usual October...am sure it did you some good!

    ReplyDelete