Saturday 15 October 2016

oops - nearly forgot to blog!

Today started with a grey, over cast misty feeling - which couldn't dampen our spirits!  oday was one of our sewing days at Scamblesby.  True we were depleted - there were only four of us.  But it was a chance to get our heads down and forge ahead with our different projects.




Pat, for example, was nearing completion of her beautiful quillow.







Ev was busy making aprons and coasters to sell at the forthcoming art fayre,







and Terry was winding her way through some outstanding Splendid Sampler blocks.  Modesty prevents me from saying how much help I gave her!








It was my turn to make the cake - so I used Nigella Lawson's recipe for an easy almond cake (uses marizipan - mmm).

Tonight I am out again - this time serving ice creams etc at the local theatre - so it is a quick turn around - hence the title of the block.  However I have some hand sewing to take with me to do during the first half!

1 comment: