Wednesday 26 October 2016

Painting the town "Elderflower"

Well - my visitor enjoyed his snack - there were distinct sigs of nibbling on the malteser but no dead body.  Tonight I will move onto Wendy's suggestion of chocolate before going all out and truing peanut butter!  On the upside I got to sleep in the new bed upstairs - wow - that has to be the most comfortable bed that I have slept in - possibly forever.  It could tempt me to relocate upstairs - its that good!  The only downside is that the design has the end protruding into the room so, in the dark, you can bang your leg on the wood if you are not careful.



This morning was rather overcast but promised to be fair - so I went outside and started painting the summerhouse - starting with the back.  The colours that I have chosen are the same colours as in the ad (that's why I liked it after all) but the buttermilk cream (Elderflower according to the tin) quickly absorbed into the orange timber so after 2 coats I think that we will need three if not four coats before it is fully covered.  Painting in a jumper is a strange feeling though and I will need to buy more paint - most of it is on Daisy and Millie!



Of course there hasn't been time today to do much sewing and I am at Slimming World tonight - but I did manage to finish my garden wall hanging last night and feel quite empowered to try a more difficult design next time.  I have, however, finished all the hand sewing that I have to do for any Christmas present so now will move onto gift tags - well, you have to attend to the smaller details now don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment