Wednesday 19 October 2016

The "Blue Project" continues and reaches a vital stage!

Today was a day that I had planned to be the real antidote to last week's mayhem - a whole day at home - nowhere to go or be - could even be a pyjama day if I wanted.  Perhaps it was that mindset, perhaps it was the lack of sleep the night before or perhaps it was the shocking headache that I woke up with - but it was 9am before my eyes opened!!!!!  The poor dogs hadn't made a noise - but sure ran to the door fast!


 



After the usual chores, the first task was to do something with the WI wreath.  The white base bothered me and I was concerned that no matter how many more poppies we made we would always see the white coming through.  So I took the poppies all off and wrapped the wreath with some red fabric before reattaching them.  I don't know if the WI will like my efforts but I am pleased with it.






Then it was onto the "Blue Project" that I mentioned several weeks ago and which has been lain across the back of a chair trying to stare me out.  As I said before, this is a Christmas present so I have to choose my words and pictures carefully, but today is a trimming, sewing and then cutting day.  It is something that I need to focus on and therefore need a whole day to concentrate.









As light relief, I also spent some time completing a couple of Splendid Sampler blocks.  This first one was a bonus block to celebrate a million dresses being made from pillowcases for girls overseas.







The second one was block 53 ( we are currently on block 71 so that tells you how long this has been lying around waiting to be completed!).  No real reason why this is so late - but it has had to be undone several times and don't look too closely at some of the points!  I suspect that this sampler will be my Christmas holiday project - every block has to be individually quilted before the sashing is added.  Since the new bedroom upstairs has been colour coordinated with this quilt, and the blocks finish next February, I need to get a wriggle on!




Tonight is Slimming World. I know, I know I haven't been mentioning this recently and really haven't been following it so its time to face the music and get back on again.  As someone once said I am going the scenic route and enjoying the ride!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I do love that...taking the scenic route! The wreath is much better I think with the white covered, well done. Headaches...bane of our lives at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have had a very productive day, well done.
    And good luck tonight, you might be surprised and it's not that bad!

    ReplyDelete