Monday 17 October 2016

The benefits of a good nights sleep

Well, after a very busy and sleep deprived week I eventually got up at 8:30am - so late that I had to turn the hot water on again for an hour so that I could shower etc!  Mind you I felt better for it - there's nothing like the power of a good nights sleep!

I had an appointment with the nurse to redress my leg (she isn't happy with how quick its healing or not and is asking for a second opinion before making a referral).  Whilst I was in there she sneaked a dodgy flu injection in!  I have never had one but I have heard that those with kidney problems (I have no problem - just born with only one kidney) should have them so didn't object too much.  I then picked Jean up - I had dropped her off to take a couple of cars on a test run.  I am happy to report that she took my advice and bought the slightly larger one - apparently it ran and felt better.

Once home - this time for only an hour or so - it was a quick tidy around and getting ready for the textiles group.  Again we were doing lots of different projects:-





Ev was doing the mystery project that she missed the first time around,








Jean was making some wonky house brooches to post to Terry and sell at the Scamblesby Art Fayre,






Carine was making some more "Sweet sixteen" bags for Christmas presents whilst I carried on with the mystery Christmas presents that have been like a millstone around my neck for over a month!






Home again meant walking the dogs - this time an "on the lead" walk ending up going around a nearby field which just happened to have sheep in the next field.  Let's just say that Daisy was so confused that she forgot to bark!  By now it was nearly 4pm so I tried the "lilyman" for the sixth time, again without luck, (we have a lily service on Sunday and I have been asked to order the lillies) before heading outside to take advantage of the only sunny day forecasted this week to paint some more fence.  I am planning on trying to pin the joiner down tomorrow for a date to put the summerhouse up but at least the fence will be painted -well, the bit covered by the summerhouse at least!  Well - that was the plan - two half planks in and the heavens opened - oops!

Tonight?  Well, guess what I am doing?  Yep, feet up on the sofa, with Daisy asleep on my knee doing some hand sewing - what bliss!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds bliss indeed! Hoping that leg gets sorted x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm your leg has been unwell for awhile .... and my memory is not too good did you injure it ?

    ReplyDelete