Sunday 30 October 2016

A close shave!

So, once more I crept down to see if I had captured Mrs Mouse.  However she was clearly more cunning - she had licked the trap clean of its chocolate and peanut butter WITHOUT setting the trap off!  So, another trap has been set and 4 more traps have been bought - two more will be strategically placed tonight!

This morning Jean and I were popping over to Scamblesby to support their art fayre.  Sewingbuddy had asked us all to make some things for the craft stall so we obliged and went to see our efforts.  I am pleased to report that there were a number of gaps on our stall when we left so people clearly liked what they saw.  However on our way over I had a close shave with an oncoming car and we touched side mirrors. Truthfully it was completely my fault and I just hadn't seen him as he came around the corner.  I am pleased to report that once we talked, checked that both cars were okay and that we were okay, we parted on good terms - he was a complete gentleman!

Once home, the weather had turned to a fine drizzle and therefore not suitable for painting.  I allowed myself some sewing time before lighting the fire and settling down to some more handsewing (with Daisy on my knee as ever of course!).  Today's Splendid Sampler block is embroidery so that can be added to the pile but I completed three gift tags last night so I am on a roll!  I have even managed to complete another Christmas present - this time not a  family one!

4 comments:

  1. You are obviously dealing with a mouse of high intelligence!! Or. Is it you are setting the trap too firm?

    I would be very obliged if you drove more carefully and not induce more heart problems in the family!!!!! Pleased you are OK and not suffering from delayed shock!! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now then - don't you think that the fact you read it here means that everything as ok!!!!

      Delete
  2. Other road users are a pain - it's a lot easier without them. Chris thinks your mice are breeding!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew to the narrow escape!
    Be prepared for a little mousey family to be gotten rid of, they rarely come alone!!

    ReplyDelete