Thursday 27 October 2016

So, the temperature has dropped - but is it below 10 degrees?

Today saw my 6 weekly appointment with the hairdressers.  Sure - we did the usual - have you been on holiday recently etc chat, but then I found myself giving her advice as to how to help her 7 year old learn his tables.  As I paid my bill and was about to leave, another customer stopped me and asked for help with her daughters homework - to simplify 27 squared x 9 squared.  I explained it to her and she was delighted that her daughter had got it right but didn't know how she had got there - now she could explain it to her.  I've still got it!

Once home, it was time to do some more summerhouse painting.  However I did stop to check the temperature on the tin (not to be used below 10 degrees) as it is getting colder here.  Fortunately for me the car was reporting a temperature of 13 degrees so I was okay.  The back now has thee coats of paint and I will probably stop there for the back.  However I think a fourth layer will be needed for appearance sake.  As you can see I have started on the sides.  The window trims will be green and I will need to open the window before I paint around them.  The kit came without the handle shank so I currently need to use a screwdriver to open the door and therefore open the window!!


 



As ever Millie and Daisy supervised - at one point racing around the summerhouse - and ending up with paint all over them!

Last night was a good result from SW but, as you can see from the tracker, the last few weeks have been a "journey".  I thought, however, that I ought to fess up and let you see the real progress (or otherwise!)  With a month to go, at least it's a loss!





Once I had recovered from the cold (I am typing this with a hot water bottle attached still), it was time to pay attention to restoring some form of order to the craft room, sewing  Splendid Sampler block and then tracing some redwork for tonight in front of The Apprentice.

And my visitor?  Well, let's just say that the peanut butter is coming out tonight!

1 comment: