Monday 3 October 2016

The day that I actually did what I was told!

Well - I thought that I ought to mark the occasion!

Last night I woke up several times but, from around 4:20am, just could not get back to sleep due to the pain in my leg (I am going to see the nurse tomorrow so nobody panic).  I took some paracetamols when I got up but nothing was touching it.  I had planned a morning of housework-and managed to mop the kitchen floor before enough was enough!  Cue an hour or so with my foot up  doing some hand sewing -seemed very decadent around 9:30am!  However it did help a little so perhaps the nurse did know best!  Mind you the dogs weren't complaining - Daisy ended up on my knee on her back with 4 legs in the air - fast asleep!

There then followed some ironing - sitting down of course - and an early lunch before heading out to the Textile Group.  On my way I popped around to a friends house who lost her husband yesterday - renal failure (ironically he had been ill for some time but had been diagnosed with faulty heart valves).

The aim, for this afternoon's Textile Group meeting, was to complete the Lynette Anderson bag.  Mind you Sewingbuddy had scared us with her warnings of poor instructions and difficulty assembling the bag.  As it was there was some unusual words expressed, and we didn't get as far as we would have liked. 

I managed to sew the outer parts and am ready to attach the straps and the lining.





Carine has chosen a lovely colourway and just needs to start sewing the parts together,







whilst Jean is at the same point - isn't it strange how the choice of fabrics has really changed the overall effect?







Ev came to the group for the first time this time - she ahs had major surgery so it was nice to see her up and about - but she was tackling some redwork which, she says, has kept her sane through this enforced period of rest.





 Elsewhere I have done some more pinning and piecing - I have reached the 100 stage (61%) and plan to do some more pining tonight.  I am also planning to start making a poppy tonight - its the WI competition this week!  I have even planted some more bulbs in two planters - well its my effort towards next spring!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear to the leg, was hoping that was well on the mend. Maybe more time with the leg up is the order of the day, how will you cope!!
    Love the colours of Carine's bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...so sorry to read of your friends loss

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are all doing really well with your bags, well done.
    And good luck at the docs tomorrow, but we know what she will say- don't we?

    ReplyDelete