Friday 28 October 2016

This should please my mother.

After another lovely night's sleep, I crept downstairs this morning and gingerly opened the bedroom door.  Would the peanut butter have claimed it's victim?  Nope - but as I bent down to pick the trap / chocolate / peanut butter concoction from the floor (Didn't want the dogs getting hurt) I did notice that the chocolate had fallen off / been nibbled off and a suspect peanut butter footprint on the paper under the trap. mmmm - Mr Mouse may well have been around last night so he is still in the room.  Right - will try again tonight (I am loving the bed upstairs so it's no hardship).  I then put my trap concoction up above the dressing table out of the dog's reach - when I noticed that the malteser trap wasn't there.  Where had it gone?  Well it had fallen down behind something - and now I knew why.  Mr Mouse had gone back for some malteser, as a dessert I presume, and has, sadly, paid the price for his greed.  Trap and Mr Mouse are now in the bin (sorry - I am not so frugal as to be able to separate dead mouse from trap!)  So - problem over and moving back into the bedroom tonight - right?  Well - no.  I don't know where the mouse has been in the last few days so will want to give the room a good spring clean before going back in.  However that job will need to wait unto the good weather has gone - the painting of the shed takes priority.  So - why will mum be pleased?  Well -speaking to her yesterday, I suspect that she was getting twitchy at the thought of me keeping the nice new bed and relegating her to my old one - along with Mr Mouse as company!

This morning, after another one of my bi-weekly visits to the nurse to get the dressing on my leg changed, was spent painting the summerhouse (everywhere now has two coast of elderflower and I hope to finish painting the third coat tomorrow - the pine colour will then be painted willow - I have decided that, if time runs out, I will save the fourth coast of elderflower until the spring so that it spruces everything up - three coats is protection enough after all).  It's beginning to sound a little like groundhog day isn't it?  The nurse isn't happy with the old war wound and has gone back to a dry covering - ie no protection from bandages etc - just a single plaster really.  I also got a telling off.  Apparently sitting with my feet up all evening isn't enough - I need to keep it elevated more!  Preferably at the same level as my heart!!!!!  Oh dear me dear - can you imagine what position I would need to be in to paint the summerhouse?  I will confess to going into the summerhouse today and taking a chair with me - its quite warm here and I was sat in short sleeves - very pleasant.  I am looking forward to having my morning coffee in there and doing some hand sewing.

So, this afternoon has been feet up, some embroidery and some snoozing might just have gone on!  Tonight its the book club monthly meeting so not sure that my foot will be raised then unless I take a foot stall with me!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your uninvited visitor is no more, but cant believe you don't reuse the traps!! Summer house is looking lovelier by the minute. Sorry the leg isn't doing so well though, you will just have to sit down and do more sewing!

    ReplyDelete