Saturday 5 November 2016

A glimpse behind the scenes

Those traps - WELL!!  Last night the same trap caught tow little mice and I was able to release them and reset them!  This morning no more bodies but, more crucially, no more bait has been touched.  Dare I hope!!!




Today was my first area day with The Quilters Guild.  The morning was spent catching up and looking at some fantastic "Show and Tell" work - as well as trying to make  a Christmas decoration (I say trying - the instructions just didn't make sense!)  There was a tombola and, I must admit, I did win quite a few prizes - including a mini wall hanging kit with instructions in a foreign language!  My best prize, however, was this mini roll of fabric from The V & A museum!







After lunch the guest speaker was Stuart Hillard from The Great British Sewing Bee.  He had brought along a  range of quilts to illustrate his story so far but gave highly entertaining anecdotes and stories from behind the scenes.  He is worth going to listen to if you have the chance.




Once home ( it is freezing here - the car said 4 degrees), it was time to light the fire, change into your pj's and settle down to Strictly. For everyone attending  bonfire party tonight - please be safe - I will stay at home and look after the pets!

1 comment: