Wednesday 9 November 2016

Christmas Present Lottery

Last night was a return to my sewing class after an extended half term break and we are alwaus encouraged to take in other projects to "show and tell".  I took in a Christmas present that I had made for a member of my family and the teacher waxed lyrical about it - raving about how its the best present she has seen and could she take photos of it!  I wonder who the "lucky" recipient will be?

Last night my cold moved to my chest and I started with a chesty cough - so, not being able to sleep, I watched some of the US president race coverage.  As I have hinted before I am both intrigued by the battle and totally confused.  I understand the notion of a protest vote but worry that people have not been told full truths and are basing their decisions on undeliverable promises.  However I do believe in judging actions not words so time will tell whether this has been a good decision or not.




Waking up this morning, the cold is no better so it's a day for hunkering down.  The weather outside is both cold and wet so it was a morning of retracing my steps on the blue project. Whilst the machine was in use I also made the current splendid sampler block.  The design was a simple one but reminded me of the Mondrian designs so added some fusible bias binding to give definition.  This afternoon was spent in front of the lit fire, watching a rubbish Christmas film and doing some hand sewing with Daisy on my knee (not a lap dog, not a lap dog, not a lap dog ....).

This evening, wait for it, I am going back into he downstairs bedroom.  I am so tired that I hoe I will just fall asleep and not hear every slight movement imagining its another furry friend.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Cold on chest = miserable time :(
    As to the present...well we wait with baited breath! Sounds intriguing!
    Hoping for a quiet night for you!

    ReplyDelete