Sunday 20 November 2016

What are you - left or right?

Tomorrow I have family arriving for a week and so needed to make sure that the new bedroom was spick and span - as well as flicking the duster and hoover around downstairs.  So - what did I do - got distracted by the jigsaw!!  When I stood back and took a photo for the blog I realised that I was well on to completing the right hand side of the puzzle.  Strangely, if I was to write out a list of jobs in a "mind map' style, I usually complete the right hand side first.  So I looked up right brain, left brain.  By rights I should be left brain - I have two maths and science degrees and the left hand side is all about numbers and being logical.  However the right hand side is the more creative side and so perhaps this is becoming more dominant?  I don't really mind either way but find it kind of fascinating.




In between my jigsaw fix, I tided around and mopped floors - turning into Cinderella again!  I don't know about you but it's not that pleasant here so its time to stay indoors.  Which brings me to the Christmas decorations.  As I said yesterday, I go for a more shabby look to my tree - some of these decorations have been with me since I owned my first home in 1985!  Just getting them out for a few weeks is reassuring and this year the tree is topped with the Santa that I made at a workshop last week.




My brother made us all this wooden nativity set which I think is really stylish and I love to get it out each year.










Either end of the mantle piece has some reindeer - two made by myself and the Tilda style made by a friend.









Meanwhile we have lights and tinsel on the stairs and some Gingerbread chefs in the kitchen.  Tacky?  Who said that?

1 comment:

  1. I dont like mind maps....so maybe I don't actually have a brain at all ( we all wondered didn't we!)
    Have fun with the family! House looking very festive I must say! x

    ReplyDelete