Friday 18 November 2016

Living the high life

Well - given that my day has followed a usual pattern - nurse, cleaning kitchen (the over has come up well), wrapping Christmas presents etc - I thought that I would focus today's blog on the amazing meal that we enjoyed yesterday.

We arrived and were welcomed into a lovely lounge for pre-dinner drinks.  This set the tone for te evening - our maître-D was in charge and became the focus for each course as he delivered it to everyone and then stood back and announced what we were about to enjoy.  Along the way I took photos - so here goes!




The canapés were Sesame and linseed crisp with soured garlic cream, marinated olives ad steak tartare.














Then there was their own rye bread and whipped butter









 

closely followed by Judas Ear and Field mushroom soup, chestnuts and Coppa ham.







The next course was Raw scallop, cucumber, dill and lumpfish roe











and then a delicious Lemon sole, leeks, lemon and chive sauce.














The meat course was duck breast with cherries, Hazelnuts and truffled potatoes



whilst the puddings were Vanilla pannacotta, granny smith Apple and crumble










followed  by 65% Casa Luker Chocolate Tart and pear sorbet.











All topped off with cheese and biscuits.







Oh and nearly forgot the meadowsweet biscuits and chocolate & whisky toffees!

It was a lovely food heaven of an evening and some of us are planning to return in March. mmmmmmm

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a feast, no good for me apart from the rye bread and whipped butter, which sounded like heaven!
    And maybe a pudding.
    So what's happened to the diet this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm that all looked much nicer than the menu (braised pigs head and burnt apple!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the small portion sizes l don't know if I could sit at dinner through so many courses and the late part seems a bit heavy on the sweets (just saying) I am on a diet for life of lower carbs so for me I'd have to pass the sweets but the rest would be fine although I usually go heavier on vegetables but heck one beautiful meal a year surely wouldn't kill me right
    I hope you really enjoyed the whole experience

    ReplyDelete