Saturday 12 November 2016

Hunting the lining!

I guess that it must be my cold but I woke up just before 9am again.  No problem, I thought, I have nothing planned until tonight when I am helping out at the theatre and someone is coming round at 11 to sort the summer house out (it arrived without a shank for the handle so the joiner was popping back wen he was in the area).  Shower and dressed, I was just about to put the kettle on when he arrived (why is it that workmen can smell a kettle at 50 paces?) Anyway we now have a fully functioning handle so the building can be locked and, more importantly , I don't have to use a teaspoon to open the door!

The weather today is foul - so I chained myself to the sewing machine and started on a couple of similar items - both of which needed lining.  Having finished the first one, I hunted high and low, including Daisy's bed, for the second lining - only to find that it had been sewn within the first item - grrrr!!!!  However they both turned out well and just need a press before being wrapped up.  Apart from the blue project, there are just a couple of small Christmas presents left - plus a  couple of experimental projects -  and that's me finished!!

This afternoon was spent on more mundane matters - washing, ironing and tidying up the usual "Daisy Mess".  At this time of year there is always a trashy film on tv to curl up to and I must confess to catching 40 winks!

2 comments:

  1. Oh grrr to the lining! That's nearly as bad as shortening trousers, sewing up one leg, then cutting the second...only to discover the newly sewn leg had been cut instead! Renders the trousers totally unwearable!

    ReplyDelete