Sunday 13 November 2016

The Big Craft Event

Today Wendy and I had arranged to go to The Big Craft Event in Lincoln.  I was going to drive to save Wendy's hurting shoulders but went out this morning to find a flat tyre (that pothole I hit on Friday must have done more damage than I thought!). 

Whilst I really enjoyed the day, and the two workshops that I will talk about in a minute, I did find that stalls which interested me, ie fabric, then had a lot of "I could make that" items whilst there were other stalls which had, quite frankly, poorly made items.  However I have come home with a number of ideas to add to the ever growing ideas for future cart projects!

We had chosen workshops which we were sure that we could probably do - given a pattern - but which would also give us a scheduled sit down time! The first was a no-sew Christmas bauble.  I have to say that they were extremely organised - with ready assembled kits welcoming us and every table having its own tutor.





The second workshop, after lunch, was to make a log cabin Santa. Again, we were pleased with the results and can now make several more if required!





However I am now officially shattered so tonight it's some quiet down time with the dogs, the tv and some hand sewing.  Tomorrow sees the start of the "Christmas Clean" - a bit like "Spring Clean" but done before filling the house with Christmas decorations next weekend.  Early?  Me?  Never!

3 comments:

  1. The bauble and Santa look great!!! What are you going to do about your flat tyre? Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your day.
    Your Makes look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo err to flat tyre.
    Have seen those no sew baubles before, they look good and the cute santa.

    ReplyDelete