Tuesday 1 November 2016

Well -that was a lovely surprise!

 
Today I popped across to Sheffield and met up with Trisha and Julia for a catch up.  These two lovely ladies and I met up at teacher training college back in 1978 and today we celebrated Julia's first day of retirement - so that just leaves Trisha in the teaching profession!  Mind you, in these days of new recruits only managing to last 5 years or so, I don't think that 35 years is too shabby!





Julia gave us a lovely surprise by bringing along her daughter Emma and her granddaughter Poppy -Trisha and I both had a cuddle!  Poppy really loved Granny's balloon!










As we went shopping, we also had to witness Julia checking that her pension was in - phew it was!













I also noticed that Mothercare was selling baby grows from a certain designer -Happymum!!










I also took up Happymum's suggestion and bought a jigsaw puzzle.  I took Trisha's advice and looked for a picture that would contain plenty of colours and words - rather than lots of similar shades!  Mind you, my eye has also been caught by this jigsaw - oh dear - what have I started now!




In terms of my furry friends - the traps set yesterday are still intact but there looks to have been some light nibbling on one of them.  I have reset the trap and, after comments made yesterday, have sprinkled some flour underneath to see if I can see some footsteps indicating where they are coming from.  Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. How have you got time to do jigsaws!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh just love the little baba....nothing like holding a baby is there...and as for those adorable baby grobags....well almost worth having another baby for!! Well I did say almost!
    Am sure you will love doing the jiggy puzzles as much as I did, if its a picture you like looking at, that's what go me I think, losing myself in the picture! We will have to do a swapsie sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fabulous day Lynda! Hope you are keeping well! Christine x

    ReplyDelete